“Tip Tip Barsa Paani” – Yes the monsoons have officially arrived. With the cold and damp weather all around nothing brings back the warmth like a piping hot dish. The season gives you a perfect opportunity to indulge yourself in some hot, tasty and filling preparations. Most of us crave for fried items like bhajiyas, samosas or kachodi, while craving for a non vegetarian is completely different. Keeping in mind monsoon also brings a series of infections and occasional flu, it is better to avoid sea food as monsoon is the breeding season for fish and prawns. The safest option for a non vegetarian is to stick to chicken to satiate the crave for non veg food. Chicken tangdi or drumstick is probably the favorite of every non vegetarian and can be cooked in many different ways. Ideally, a tandoor fired by charcoal is used to grill these marinated tangdis. Yet can be cooked at home in a microwave or a frying pan. So let’s cook a healthier version of chicken tangdi.
What makes it healthy??
I would say “ghee” …yes you heard it right.
CHICKEN TANGDI GHEE ROAST is the name of this dish. So here we go –
Chicken drumstics – 4
Hung curd – one cup
Salt to taste
Lemon juice – 2tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri lal Mirch powder – 2 tsp heeled
Cumin powder – 1tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 2tbsp
Green chilli paste -1tsp
Pomegranate seeds crushed – 1/2 tsp
Chaat Masala for garnish
1) Take a bowl, add hung curd, lemon juice, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, garam Masala, cumin powder, ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste and pomegranate seeds, mix well everything.
2) Make slits in drumsticks and marinate in the mixture . Rub the drumstick with the merinade for 4 to 5 minutes or till the mixture coats completely.
3) Keep it in fridge for at least 2 hours.
4) Place a frying pan over medium heat, place these marinated drumsticks on it and allow it to cook. Flip them in regular intervals so that they don’t get burnt.
5) Start pouring ghee over it so that its roasted completely in ghee.
6) Take them out when its crispy from outside and tender within.
7) Sprinkle chaat Masala over it and serve hot with chutney and lachha pyaaz.